Connect with us

LMC6442 substitution

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by jcurrie, Mar 4, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jcurrie

jcurrie

Feb 22, 2011
    i have a circuit that uses a LMC6442 the closest thing i can fine localy is a LM358 from my limited experience it looks like a valid sub , it this a usable sub?
    jim

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    The LMC6442 has a substantially lower power requirement, otherwise they are pretty close. So it would really depend on the specific cct you were using it in ... which is ?

cheers
    Dave

3. jcurrie

jcurrie

Feb 22, 2011
    using it on a sawthooh gen to ramp a led up to full brightness then back down to off repeating it at about 2 sec i9nterrval.
    jim

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That's very low speed, so bandwidth (which is often linked to quiescent current) is unlikely to be an issue.

Bear in mind I have not looked at the specs to compare these.

If you're sinking or sourcing significant current from the output, or require a particularly large input or output swing then you should look carefully at the specs, otherwise it may not be critical.

Ask a Question