Connect with us

LM134/LM234/LM334 3-Terminal Adjustable Current Source

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by robertradabaugh, Sep 1, 2012.

1. robertradabaugh

robertradabaugh

Sep 1, 2012
    Hi, I am look for any low current alternative that I could use that are three terminal adjustable current like the LM134/LM234/LM334. I am mainly looking for alternatives because the simulation program I am using, ni multisim, does not have any spice or models I can use in that environment. All help is welcomed so I can finish this project. Thank you very much.

Best,

Bobby

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi bobby
    welcome to the forums :)

3 terminal regulators, say , like the LM317 can be configured as a current source
    do a google search on the LM317 in the datasheet you will find examples of the regulator's use that include a current source

if after reading through that, any other Q's just ask in this same thread you have started :)

Cheers
    Dave

3. robertradabaugh

robertradabaugh

Sep 1, 2012
    Thanks Dave for the reply and thank you for the welcome. I am glad to be able to get some help. I am going to look over the two data specs on the LM317 and the LM334. (I am printing them out as I type this) While I am doing so what is the main difference between the two?

Again thank you,

Best,

Bobby

4. robertradabaugh

robertradabaugh

Sep 1, 2012
    Hi,

After looking over the two and looking at the project I am trying to accomplish, I would really like to go with the LM334. The only problem is I cannot find a spice model for it any where so I can complete this circuit. Seems to be a little frustrating. Any help be great. Thank you.

Best,

Bobby

5. wingnut

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
    On my free LTSpice simulator one can find the lm334 in the lib/sym/Vreg directory. I got the latest version of LTSpice with many more components by joining the LTSpice group under Google groups.

6. wingnut

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
    Another thing to try is under "my computer" go to your simulator's directory and do a search (all files) for "LM334". It may be found under current source, example circuits and voltage regulator.

And the LTSpice forum may be under Yahoo groups - just do a Google search for LTSpice forum.

Ask a Question