Connect with us

Limiting Current drawn from an Inverter.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by g9901920, Feb 6, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. g9901920

g9901920

Feb 6, 2013
    Hello,
    I am working on a project and would really appreciate some advice.

I'm planning on using an off-grid pure sine wave inverter,
    as a current source in a parallel circuit, there would be another power source synchronizing with the off-grid inverters output, which also provides most of the power.

My question is; what would be the best way to limit the current drawn from the off-grid inverter, in order to prevent it from automatically shutting down, from over current drawn?
    The voltage and frequency cannot change.

Thank you in advance.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    So are you off grid, or are you co-generating? Your post seems to say the former, but your talk of "another power source" implies the latter.

3. g9901920

g9901920

Feb 6, 2013
    Thank you for your response to my question.

Yes, this is off grid. Essentially, I am trying to create a 60hz single phase source with an off grid inverter, then on the same parallel circuit, two synchronous inverters rated much higher than the off grid inverters, will synchronize to the same phase.
    The problem with this, is the off grid inverter will automatically shut down when the circuit current demand rises beyond the off grid inverter. My question is how to regulate the current drawn from the off grid inverter.

Thank you again, any insight is greatly appreciated.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I think I see your problem, but I really don't know how to go about solving it.

Ask a Question