Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Limit switch for actuator help

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
Hey all i have bought a actuator from firgelli auto and i need to add a limit switch for the down part.

actuator%20with%20micro%20switch.jpg

That is a drawing from the company's website about how to hook up the limit switch. Now i have 2 problems with this drawing:

1) It does not tell me what type of switch to get
2) Wont this hinder the up part if the ground is cut off when it hits the lever?

They sell a kit with the limit switch(s) and other things but again they do not tell what type of limit switches they are.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=111

I plan on hooking the up/down to a relay (2 of them) that i control via a PC. They have a diagram for that as well

Track%20Actuator%20with%20remote%20and%20optional%20limit%20switch.jpg

I emailed them and asked them if this would work with my own setup:
RELAY UP:
> Purple wire > C
> Grey wire > NC
> Blue wire > NO

> RELAY DOWN:
> Black wire > C
> Grey wire > NC
> Blue wire > NO

My relays look like so:

5.jpg

And this is a PDF of the relay:
http://denkovi.com/Documents/23-3.pdf

Any help would be great to (1) See what type of limit switch i need to buy and (2) Make sure my layout for the relay is correct.

Thanks!

David

Digital_Angel_316

Oct 1, 2011
The limit switch is probably more a mechanical than electrical selection issue. What does it contact with? If it is activated by the linear actuator, mechanically it needs to be compatible with that. Typically you switch just the positive voltage and carry the ground/return/common/earth through the circuit. Be sure your PC output can drive the relay coil per the relay's spec's (it looks reasonable).

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
Would you care to share your solution with the rest of the community, to share knowledge and perhaps aid a future Googler?

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
David, you're trying to add a link as an image, plus to view that image one would need to be logged in at All About Circuits (or so it seems). Please try another way.