Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LIGHTING HELP NEEDED

mingus

Nov 12, 2013
Hello,

I am not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but I only know the very basics of wiring and was looking to make a semi-complicated lamp.

I am looking to make a lamp that is only turned on when a button is not being held down. To reiterate, when the button is pushed in, the light is off. When it is pushed out, the light is on. I want it to be spring loaded to it sticks out in its natural state. Could anyone possibly help me and tell me what parts I will need in order to do this?

Thanks a million!

Shutterbug

Nov 12, 2013
Hello,

I am not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but I only know the very basics of wiring and was looking to make a semi-complicated lamp.

I am looking to make a lamp that is only turned on when a button is not being held down. To reiterate, when the button is pushed in, the light is off. When it is pushed out, the light is on. I want it to be spring loaded to it sticks out in its natural state. Could anyone possibly help me and tell me what parts I will need in order to do this?

Thanks a million!

How about a spring loaded switch that is normally closed when in the out position, and open when pushed in?

http://www.judco.net/PButton.htm See J 188 3 in the list on the page.

What kind of a lamp will you be operating? More details from you is required, if you want someone to devise a diagram and circuit for you.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
you want a Normally Closed Single Pole Single Throw button style switch.

The natural state is connected, they come in both momentary and on/off so you can make it just when pressed or press off then press again to turn on.

Depending where you are located you either want a 120V (115-125V) or a 250V. though 250 would be fine for wherever you are.