Connect with us

Light therapy device

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by mattfara, Mar 30, 2017.

1. mattfara

mattfara

Mar 16, 2017
    :) nope

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Hmmmm, how experienced are you with normal through-hole soldering are you?

3. mattfara

mattfara

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhat. My wife has some background, too.

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Excellent. I'll try to design you a board using fritzing. It has a very simple one-click board ordering option, and is also free software.

Surface mount soldering is a skill, but for components that you'll be using here is not a difficult one to learn if you can already solder.

The main pieces of equipment you'll need are some appropriate tweezers and some good solder wick. I use regular 0.7 mm solder, but finer solder can be useful. Using a solder with a greater flux percentage will also help.

5. mattfara

mattfara

Mar 16, 2017
    Sorry been busy -- needed to get a new OS on the laptop, interviews etc. will be back into action soon

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah, and I've been trying to find time to design the board for you. I've failed so far :-(

7. mattfara

mattfara

Mar 16, 2017
    So things are starting to slow down for me a bit. I was wondering if you could help me take a short cut haha. Hamblin, the researcher at Harvard who has discussed this with me over the past couple months, mentioned that THIS device is suitable for my purposes. The only problem is that it is meant to attach to a battery, but I'd like to plug it into a 120V wall wart. THIS is the wiring diagram for the device. Can you guide me to this end?

Ask a Question