Connect with us

Light switch with 4 way relay

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by nimravak, Jun 27, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. nimravak

nimravak

Jun 27, 2015
    I'm trying to install some light switches in my home, and ran into a problem. A few switches that I need to replay are 4 way switches. The new ones that I want to install don't come in a 4 way variety. Only 3 way and single pole. Was trying to find out if it is possible to take a DPDT relay and use it so that the switch I want to install can work in a 4 way capacity. Don't know if it is possible, or not at all. If its possible, what relay can I use, and how should I wire it. Thanks for the help!

ver chan likes this.
  2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    How come you cannot get 4 way (intermediate) switches?
    upload_2015-6-26_22-21-5.jpeg

3. nimravak

nimravak

Jun 27, 2015
    The company doesn't it make in the style I want. I'd have to go with just a regular 4 way toggle switch. Totally different look from all the switches I'm replacing them with.

4. ver chan

ver chan

Jun 27, 2015
    of course yes, you can use DPDT relay rated 12VDC at solenoid and rated 220Volts/ 5 ampere on its contact, by using relay you can actually control a single lamp using 10 pcs. of switches, 1 pc. of switch for every floor of a 10 floor storey building ( just an example )...... familiarized yourself in making ladder diagram ( industrial motor controller ) to know how to connect its pin ;)-----dont forget to use fuse

Ask a Question