Connect with us

Light buttons for driving simulator

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Paradyski, Oct 19, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Paradyski

Paradyski

Oct 19, 2017
    Hi guys
    I'm building my first driving simulator and would like to find out how to make switch box panel where switches will serve commands. I want to use different colors for different things like turning on lights in the game or any other. BBJ simracing is making similar things but instead of normal buttons i would like to use something like on the boat or in real racing cars. Do anyone of you know where I can get any plans or instructions on what to buy to create something like this.

Attached Files:

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
  3. Paradyski

Paradyski

Oct 19, 2017

How can I convert typical 12V light switch button to USB so when i plug this into PC it will work like any other button connected via USB ?

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    You would need a USB interface for the buttons and a separate power supply for the switch illumination.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=94

links to a seller that has various interface boards that accept multiple switch inputs and encodes then to USB and appear in Windows as a simple 'joystick' interface. You can then allocate the buttons any way you like.

5. Paradyski

Paradyski

Oct 19, 2017

Thank you

Ask a Question