Connect with us

light bulb question

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by David1432, Dec 29, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. David1432

David1432

Dec 29, 2011
    I bought a 250 watt light bulb in order to provide sufficient light for a small indoor koi pond and some various plants around it, but i have nowhere to put the bulb because it is too strong for regular ceiling sockets and other fixtures i had lying around, so i would appreciate any help reguarding where to put such a bulb.
    Thanks,
    David

2. GonzoEngineer

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
    What kind of bulb?

Does it screw into a socket?

What size is the socket?

Do you have a part number or manufacturer name?

3. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Mogul base? They are about twice the size of a typical 100W light bulb. Would help if you had a picture of the bulb and something to compare it to.

4. David1432

David1432

Dec 29, 2011
    I do not know the name of the bulb, it screws into a normal size socket like in the ceiling, its just a matter of finding something to hold it that i can leave on for most of the day and wont burn my house down. i will upload a photo of it next to a soda can on my profile momentarily.

5. David1432

David1432

Dec 29, 2011
    or maybe not because i cant post picture... anyways its one inch taller than a normal soda can that would come in a 12 pack...

6. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    if you can't post pic use image shack or another site to host the photo and send us a link

7. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    There are bulb sockets made of white ceramic (porcelain) that will stand the heat of 75W+ bulbs.

We have a certain minimum post count before allowing to attach pictures, due to spam & viewing "safety" reasons.
    We're sorry for the inconvenience it produces for honest members. Make more posts or try donkey's way.

Ask a Question