Connect with us

LG Plasma TV P50350

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by vay1010, Dec 16, 2012.

1. vay1010

vay1010

Dec 16, 2012
    My tv fell the on its face last night and now it will not turn back on. The red power light is on steady when I power it on, there is also a relay click when I power it on but the screen is black. I opened it up and check to see if there was and damage to the capacitors or board but found none. Can anybody help with this? I am into Automotive and have basic electronics knowledge. Thanks

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

you could almost garantee that the screen is permanently damaged
    in general this would not be worth repairing as even if you could obtain a replacement screen, you will find it wouold cost more than a complete replacement TV

Dave

3. vay1010

vay1010

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks Dave, but there's no visible crack on the screen so do you think it is still damage?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    quite possibly, internally the screens are reasonably fragile

Dave

5. Relayer

Relayer

Dec 15, 2012
    Hey vay1010,
    You should see quite a few flexible membranes that look like flexible circuit boards with tracks on them going from a few main PCB's to the edges of the screen. Make sure none of these have been dislodged on either end. You only need one out of place for the screen to remain black. You should also try inspecting some of the PCB's for any cracks, especially around heavy components such as transformers.
    Other than that, as Dave said you may have damaged the screen internally.
    Regards,
    Relayer :D

Ask a Question