Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lg lcd tv shuts off by itself

cvcman

Mar 13, 2015
My model 42lk520 shuts off by itself,,,you can turn it back on with the remote and its fine....sometimes it can go for days and not do it other times it may d it 3 times in one day...help pls ?
Thx

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
My model 42lk520 shuts off by itself,,,you can turn it back on with the remote and its fine....sometimes it can go for days and not do it other times it may d it 3 times in one day...help pls ?
Thx
Because this is an intermittent problem you are most likely going to have trouble figuring it out.
Item 1. Make sure it's not a prank / interference / or a misbehaving remote.
Get a Piece of black electrical tape, and place it over the sensor of the TV. The remote will NOT work with the tape here. That is intended, rely on using the buttons on the TV for a while. If it does not turn off by itself it may be picking up an 'off' signal, either intentionally or accidentally.
Item 2. HDMI actually contains a control signalling scheme so remove the HDMI sources, and rely on Component, Composite, and Coax Sources while you troubleshoot.
Item 3. Timers... Your model contains timers to turn the set off, explore your settings to ensure these timers are turned off! (Additionally, resetting all settings may take care of this item)

If any of the above items solves your problem we continue. If not, this may be very difficult to track down unless there is obvious damage on the circuit board inside. (Otherwise it's time for testing and replacing all sorts of parts to find out which one is bad)

cvcman

Mar 13, 2015
already checked the remote, removed batteries,,,still did it,,,timer is off...if it was the power supply or board could I just chg those ?? cost for those items ?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
if it was the power supply or board could I just chg those ?? cost for those items ?

you would have to do searching on the net and see if they were available and they would probably list a price