Connect with us

LG DVD Player - Tray ejects after 10-15 mins.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by elect_sham, May 22, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. elect_sham

elect_sham

May 22, 2012
    Dear All,

My LG DVD Player plays absolutely okay for 5 - 10 minutes and then tray opens.

Anyone can help/guide me of any possible reasons and solutions.

Thanks in advance,

elect_sham

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there elect_sham
    welcome to the forums :)

does this always happen on the same disc or any disc ?
    have a closer look at the display in the moments prior to the disc ejection
    maybe there is some sort of error msg or maybe you may noitce that track time is no longer advancing ???

cheers
    Dave

3. elect_sham

elect_sham

May 22, 2012
    Dear Mr. Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Please tell me what to do stepwise.

1. If the time does not advance, what is the problem. Should I adjust Focus trimpot?
    2. Is there any fault related to the following:

• Motherboard
    • Ribbon cable to m/b
    • Optical Lens

Regards
    elect_sham

4. Wabajig

Wabajig

Apr 14, 2012
    Make sure power is off. There's a limit switch in tray area that tells unit that the disk is in and out, probably dirty. Use contact cleaner (non lubricated) on switch only while moving the switch open to close. Also probably wouldn't hurt to lubricate the sliding rails lightly with lithium grease. Could only help. Good Luck.

5. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    It could be caused by a flaky tray eject switch or tray detect switch or the associated pullup/pulldown resistor. The fact that the fault is occuring at about the same time of each playing suggests either a thermal effect or capacitive charge affecting a transistor switching action.

If you immediately restart the unit after it fails, does it still take the same length of time to fail again? This will help determine if the effect is thermal.

6. elect_sham

elect_sham

May 22, 2012
    LG DVD Player Model DS9481CPE

Dear Sir,

The defect may not be with "Thermal effect" as there is no fixed time limit for the tray to open. First the lens rail/gear to be properly greased and the leaf switch monitoring open/close switch.

Shall revert on rectifying the above.

Regards,
    elect_sham

Ask a Question