Connect with us

Lets talk about magnets... Why they can't be a source of energy?

Woo-Woo Discussion in 'Twilight Zone' started by Moha99, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Moha99

Moha99

Nov 18, 2011
    Hello everyone.

So as the title shows the obvious question...
    Why?
    What do you define as an energy source? What aspect fulfill that criteria of being a "source" of energy?

Now, to be clear. I've studied a lot and a lot over the last year, and the laws of physics are my guide so no need to remind me thermodynamics and conservation of energy because 1. I know them and understand them well.
    2. We are not talking about perpetual motion.

General definition of energy to me is: An ability given to all physical objects to do work.
    Energy source: A system that gives off an excess of energy Example: Waterfalls, Wind, Solar, Fossile fules, Nuclear, etc...

Most of these systems have a huge potential stored. As soon as they react with a certain "key" input in the system that allows them to give "off" energy and become a source.

Like Fossile fules can't do anything without heat.
    Solar energy useless without a way to absorb its energy.
    Hydro is pointless without gravity and turbine harnessing its motion.
    You know how this pattern goes... Many complicated factors add up to give you a result.
    And finally, magnets... They can certainly due work. But! Can they be a source of energy?
    They are certainly a source of Force in the equation W=Fd,
    If you move it in a distance they are doing work. But your input is certainly greater than their potential output.

Over-unity, in reality exists but in the form of potential energy being stored and converted from an input of energy.
    Its that kick needed to jumpstart a system I guess.

So enough of my intro let the discussion being!

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    That isn't the definition of overunity
    there is NO SUCH THING as overunity

Magnets are not a source of energy, they do not store energy

This thread will go nowhere
    as on any decent forum any talk of overunity is barred because it breaks the laws of physics

thread closed

Dave

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
Ask a Question