Connect with us

Lemon Fire Starter BS

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by cjdelphi, Apr 2, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    I call BS/HS/DS on this!

Looking closely there's something behind the pot the wires from the real battery wires are through a drilled hole in the pot and covered up by dirt..

Videos like these need banning from youtube...

And survival ??? Yeah when in the woods i come across coper and iron nails all the time! (Why not take a lighter/matches to begin with)

Sorry, this highly frustrates me because a lot of people believe this bullshit!

Watch "How To Make Fire With A LEMON." on YouTube

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    I agree with you on this... Some of them require some nice tricks... I've seen induction charging devices, and MicroWave oven magnetrons under tables, as well as various 'tricks' that either don't work or can cause damage...
    Hard to vet every video on youtube though.. the amount of content that gets uploaded is staggering!

But... I hate to say, youtube is not the one that needs to change...
    People need to kick themselves out of the habit of believing everything on the internet to be true.
    Instructables has caused headaches and kickstarter has parted many people from their money.
    It's too easy to make a web-page, or video of ANYTHING, and you don't need to actually show a working prototype for much of it...

davenn likes this.
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    That about says it all !!! :)

4. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    This furiated me, i have since calmed down now lol.. my wife seems to think it somehow can work even though there's more chance of brad pitt walking through the door and proposing his dying love for her before she has any chance starting a fire with a lemon!

5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    There is a reason that the cells in a 12V lead-acid are separate...

Ask a Question