Connect with us

LEDs powered from AAA battery

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by dorabud, Jan 30, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Scroll through to the first image (I think it's called "image 0.1"). That shows you what a typical LED looks like, and the schematic symbol for them.

Then scroll down to section 1. The first image in that section shows a simple circuit diagram for wiring a LED. Ignore the text to the right at the moment On the left is the battery, on the right (top) is the resistor, and on the right (bottom) is the LED.

The resistor can be a 1k 1/4W resistor. That will be safe for almost any LED, but it won't be very bright. For a white LED, the smallest you'd want to go for a 9V battery is 270Ω 1/4W is as low as if go for a resistor.

If you scroll through to section 2, very early in you'll see an image showing several LEDs in parallel, each with their own resistor. That's what I think you want. Each resistor should be 270Ω as a minimum (for a 9V battery).

2. dorabud

dorabud

Jan 30, 2018
    Would like to thank BobK,*steve* and the many other for there help on my light project. It took a while but the project is complete and ready for its market. I only had one problem/question that when asked was (what is the loom valve) and I couldn't answer, but they liked it anyway. So again many THANKS gentlemen.

3. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    You bought LEDs from Amazon who knows nothing about electronic parts so they did not specify the "viewing angle" of those cheap Chinese LEDs. Isn't the viewing angle (5 degrees?) so narrow that you cannot see the light unless the LEDs are shining directly at you? I always buy Name-Brand LEDs that are spec'd with a viewing angle of 60 degrees and you can see them well.

Ask a Question