Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED strobe circuit needs more current

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
This is post 81 in a thread that should have been wrapped up by maybe 10.

Their reaches a point were some threads become irritating. For me, this one has reached that point. My first clue that we'd get where we are is when you weren't interested in using a chip because of the component count;... IN THE CHIP!

Good luck,
Chris

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Well the first circuit does a nice effect regardless.. If I could get two output channels to replicate the wave and put out good power I could get past this first problem.. As it is it just doesn't seem to peak at full power even with no current limiting resistor. As I said I can even run a cheapo red 20ma LED in these different configs without it blowing so I assume the light is not getting much power...

Maybe I'll just move on to the next controller and try to incorporate this function into that..

Are we back to page one now, still trying to get that Chevette to perform like a Corvette?

Or are we talking about the circuit Chris diagrammed for you using a 555?

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
This is post 81 in a thread that should have been wrapped up by maybe 10.

Their reaches a point were some threads become irritating. For me, this one has reached that point. My first clue that we'd get where we are is when you weren't interested in using a chip because of the component count;... IN THE CHIP!

Good luck,
Chris

Sorry about that Chris... I have spent a lot of my own time trying to get this to work as a stop gap measure.. And I wasn't not interested in using the 555 in fact I said I planned to use it for the next final rev.. I was just remarking at how many components it took to get a simple job done--the ramblings of a noob as I find my way... Again sorry.

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
Are we back to page one now, still trying to get that Chevette to perform like a Corvette?

Or are we talking about the circuit Chris diagrammed for you using a 555?

No I am done with the Chevette.... Sorry to waste anyone's time here or annoy anyone... (although I think there is a lot of good info here) I will be using another circuit with either the 555 or a 556 and see how it goes... If I need help I'll start a new thread...

This thread can RIP.

Last edited: