Connect with us

LED Strip issue

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Doron, Apr 26, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Doron

Doron

Apr 26, 2018
    Hello!

I've bought a couple of months ago a 10 meters led strip on wish.com and for some reason one day the LED strip decided to switch colors really fast when i put it on fade mode or jump mode by the remote. I don't really know how to solve this problem since I've been trying to check the connection between the strips and plugging out and in the electricity didn't really help.
    I have made a video showing the problem where I press the "Fade" button and it changes colors fast and even if I hit the "Slow" button a couple of times it won't make it any slower and it used to be much slower than this when I bought it.

Is there any way I can fix this issue? Choosing random colors works perfectly.
    Thanks!

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This is most likely a defect of the controller (the box driving the LEDs, not the handheld transmitter). You can try to open the controller and have a look if there's an obvious defect.
    If you manage to open the controller without too much damage, make some clear photos and upload them here. This may (or may not :() help us identify the issue.

I guess the chances are small to locate a physical defect. If the controller's code is corrrupt, you stand almost no chance of repairing it. You'll possibly have to get a new controller.

3. Doron

Doron

Apr 26, 2018
    I got another remote from my friend and this issue is still happening, I guess I need to change the circuit box

4. Doron

Doron

Apr 26, 2018
    Actually managed to fix it myself by getting a different white box, guess the old one was buggy or something... Thanks!

Ask a Question