Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Sports Scoreboard Problem

Rob777

Apr 11, 2010
We have a simple LED scoreboard for our league. The balls, strikes, and outs work fine, but the runs and innings won't illuminate. I contacted the manufacturer, who took me through some diagnostics. After eliminating the controller as a possibility, he said that the problem was most likely the distribution board. He put me in touch with a local dealer/repair guy, who wanted $375 just to come out and look at it. We just don't have that kind of money. Anybody know if I can replace a distribution board by myself, or if there are any additional tests to make sure that's the problem?
Thanks,
Rob

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
Someone will have to know the particular equipment fairly well to be able to help you with it. Chances are that if it was something that you could easily fix yourself, like a loose cable, the manufacturer's test would have guided you to it. If not, I would suggest that you open the box and make sure all cables are securely attached.

There is no such thing as a generic "distribution board" that you can go buy at RadioShack and replace. So unless you have the ability to repair whatever is broken, helping you locate the problem is not going to save you the $375 charge.

Maybe others have better suggestions.

---55p

torla

Apr 17, 2011
We have a LED scoreboard, when its powered up the LEDs are birghtly lit but once the scores come on the LEDs seem to be only halve bright. We can still read the scores but with some difficulty. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I checked all the connections etc and could not find anywhere to increase the brightness on the displays. It use to work properly but but started to go wrong intermittently. Use to do the first 10 mins very bright then goes like to half the power but not just stays on half power - any suggestions?