Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED security lights

DougR

Feb 20, 2016
Hello,
This is my first post in many years. I am still retired (feel like it, can’t be sure). After reviewing a number of posts on the subject, I almost hesitate to post my question. Just remember, there are no stupid questions - just stupid answers. I am installing 50 watt LED security fixtures around the parapet walls of the manse. I am currently using SSR 25 for the power side. For control I am using a 120 volt by 12 VDC to power either the SSR or a commercially available light show oscillator through an HOA switch. In the hand position I control the lights. In the Auto position, the control comes from a dry contact on my perimeter alarm system.

Lots of detail, I know, but necessary. The problem is the oscillator is controlled by IR. That is a manual function and I need total automatic. Yes, what I need I need is just the oscillator for the strobe output. I hope I haven’t said anything to wacky. I’ve been away from this stuff for over twenty years. THX

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So you have mains operated 50W LED security lights that are switched using a solid state relay.

You want the lights to flash.

Now you need a circuit to provide the signal to the SSR.

You have 12V DC available.

If that is right then there are a number of solutions available. You could Google for a "555 LED flasher". Replace the LED with the input to the SSR and you're on your way.

When you find these circuits, you will see it is fairly easy to change the flash rate to whatever you desire.

DougR

Feb 20, 2016
So you have mains operated 50W LED security lights that are switched using a solid state relay.

If that is right then there are a number of solutions available. You could Google for a "555 LED flasher". Replace the LED with the input to the SSR and you're on your way.

When you find these circuits, you will see it is fairly easy to change the flash rate to whatever you desire.

Thanks Steve for the quick reply