Maker Pro
Maker Pro

led rgb circuit help

ian3846

Aug 23, 2015
Hi Guys

After spending the last 6 hours trying to figure out a somewhat basic circuit i figured i better ask some people that actually knows. So my electronics knowledge is somewhat limited so please keep it basic.

What I am trying to do is use a RBG LED to to indicated 2 things

1) There is power to the machine and safety switch is active. (green)

The safety switch will be a push button switch and in this condition the machine will operate when the ON button is pushed

2) Power is on but safety switch is not active (red)

The machine will not operate in this condition.

the machine is 240v 60htz 1400w motor if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
well, at a minimum we'd also need toknow:
  • The connections to the RGB LED. Is it common cathode, common anode, or individual connections?
  • Do you have a suitable low voltage source available? If so, what is it?
  • Do the switches have any unused poles?
  • How are the switches and motor wired up?

ian3846

Aug 23, 2015
well, at a minimum we'd also need toknow:
  • The connections to the RGB LED. Is it common cathode, common anode, or individual connections?
  • Do you have a suitable low voltage source available? If so, what is it?
  • Do the switches have any unused poles?
  • How are the switches and motor wired up?

I am working from a blank slate so the components are not fixed I guess what ever is recommended by you guys or more to the point whatever is more readily available. I don't have a low voltage power source only 240v at this point. From what I can see on the internet most push button micro switches are 2 pole so I would have to say I don't have spare poles.

I also just found red green bi colour leds no point using a rgb led if I only need to colours right ?

The wiring diagram attached is the same as what I have right now so the switch is wired to the positive.

Attachments

• P0403186-00003.png
    P0403186-00003.png
    207 KB · Views: 56

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Your image only shows a single switch, and also one that has only a single pole. Is this the safety switch, or is it the "ON" switch?

ian3846

Aug 23, 2015
Your image only shows a single switch, and also one that has only a single pole. Is this the safety switch, or is it the "ON" switch?
That is the ON switch the safety switch is none existent at the moment. The image is just to show the wiring that is in place right now everything thing needs to be added.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, you need to show me how it will be connected.