Connect with us

LED Powered Miniature Light Show

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by No6h, Feb 18, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. No6h

No6h

Aug 6, 2015
    I'm about to start working on a miniature rock stage, with 3D printed instruments (hopefully). I also would like to incorporate an LED light show... There are a few pieces of inspiration, as well as things I would like to recreate. Here goes!

My idea for colouring the stage was a bunch of RGB led, with a potentiometer attached to each colour, so i can mix the colours and make different colours.

I have a bunch of super bright white LEDs in place of blinders for chorus sections of songs.

(0:16)

The only thing i'm missing is pattern lights.

(0:20)

(0:02)

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi No6h,
    Your imagination and the effects you want are key!
    Personally, I would start with a cheap $2 chinese toy with flashing lights. Cannibalize it and run it from a 5v phone charger (assuming it runs on 3 or 4x1.5v). Batteries wont last 2 minutes in those toys!
    Example:
    These can be bought very cheaply from an open air market. Not online!!

[​IMG]

Martin

3. No6h

No6h

Aug 6, 2015
    what a great idea. I have this rubber ball with a whole bunch of leds in it, so i might look into that for something interesting. I kinda don't want to use Arduino, as I only have one.

4. No6h

No6h

Aug 6, 2015
    here is what i found. It has a very strong strobe effect, but when i put a cardboard tube around it as a basic diffuser, it made a very cool effect.

Attached Files:

5. No6h

No6h

Aug 6, 2015
    In terms of RGB leds, do you have any experience with them? Originally I was considering using potentiometers to mix the colours, but now I think a rotary switch to select the colours with appropriate resistors on the terminals (2 pole 6 position) to select red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

6. No6h

No6h

Aug 6, 2015
    would RGB be better or leds of other colours switching in and out...

Ask a Question