Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Lighting Problem - Switch From Mains

MoFish

Apr 21, 2012
Hi Folks, I have a problem which I hope someone could help with.

I have recently purchased B&Q Brushed Stainless Steel 10 light colour changing LED kit, which I have run around the plinth lights in the kitchen. These come on a chain of 10 lights and have a small button for changing the colour, which I have placed inside one of the kitchen units. I have these plugged into the mains under the kitchen units, and have a seperate light-switch on the wall which turns them on (kindof) and off.

The problem i'm having, is that when when you kill the lights from the light-switch and put the switch back on, the default state appears to be in the off position, and therfore doesn't go on with the switch - I then have to press the small button for changing colour with to turn these back on.

My question is, can anyone think of a method I can get around this, so that when the light-switch is turned on the lights come on straight away - without the need to press the button? I know its a bit of a long shot but i dont know too much about electrics and was hopefull someone could help. If anyone needs any technical specifications of the lights in question I can dig this out.

Thanks very much.

MoFish

Attachments

• led1.jpg
    led1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 151
  • led2.jpg
    led2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 141