Connect with us

LED control chip?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by flippineck, Sep 21, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. flippineck

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
    Image attached, it's the 8-legged chip I'm trying to identify.

The board is a power supply taken out of the base of an E27 screw-in domestic lightbulb.

The closest I can get to ID'ing it by sight is:

1st line
    Character 1: "C" or "E"
    Character 2: "P" of "F"
    Characters 3 thru 6: Definitely "1213"

2nd line
    CD08614.. I think

3rd line:
    Tn or Tx followed by;
    9;D;B;8?
    followed by

Following the circuit best I can; the live feed from the AC mains bulb socket seems to feed in directly across a bridge rectifier parallel with a voltage dependant resistor. The output from the bridge then seems to go off into some kind of inductor / capacitor (filter?) arrangement with a dose of diodes, before being sent out to the "JXL1027" LED board which has 4 discrete high power LEDs on it.

There is a relatively big 47uF electrolytic, a 100uH choke, a tiny iron-core 2-terminal choke, and several small R's & C's.

Two diodes - one labelled S160 & one labelled SMAJ51A. Not sure how connected.

Grateful for any info on the circuit but especially the 8 leg chip.

If needed I coukld supply pics of t'other side of the board when the missus brings her camera back

Attached Files:

Ask a Question