Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED blinkies

woodswalker

Dec 12, 2008
Greetings, I just joined this forum. I am trying to teach myself about electronics because I love those flashing LED blinkies and would like to build my own LED gizmos. (motion-sensitive blinkie bracelets, for instance).:D

Can anyone direct me to a link or a site related to this? If not, I will bother people here with questions:

My favorite blue blinkie wand broke. When I took it apart, I found that the light had fallen out. It also contained a small wafer that looks like a mini-circuit. I wonder if this controls the blinking? If not, what does it do? If I stick a blue LED in there, will it work again?

I took apart a squeeze-controlled halloween blinkie and found it was controlled by a tiny push switch.

I imagine these little gizmos are made in China? I wonder if I can purchase components like mini circuit boards and switches here in the US. If not, I'd love to learn how to make my own.

If anyone here is into this stuff, I'd like to talk to you!

neon

Oct 21, 2006
First of all it is cheaper to buy then to make anything this day china makes working things for less if you just buy the parts itself. example 13 leds outdoor lamps $0.99 if you try to buy here [usa] one led will cost $0.39 pluss shipping. but buying will not be as much fun as trying to make things. those BLINKERS ARE FOUND ON NOVELTY SHOPS.