Connect with us

learning about multimeters

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by genec, Sep 4, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. genec

genec

Jul 26, 2015
    hello all!!
    so i bought my first multimeter and it's pretty cool its the mastech MS8268 but there's so many modes i can choose from it gets confusing, i was wondering if there was a book or online tutorial on what each one does and how it's aplayed, also i was wondering if i should switch out the leads for a different set because these have just the points for metel contact. Sorry for the long post i'm just Eagar.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hello
    The points or probes are quite normal for multi meters. You have to be careful swapping leads, the ones that come with the meter are usually calibrated for the meter. If the meter has a zero function then you may be ok to use other leads. Although for general use using another set of leads with crocodile lead may be fine.

The user manual should explain all the functions of the meter. If you have any specific questions about a particular measurement then please ask. You could try YouTube for some videos on how to use the meter, but there might not be any.

Adam

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Greetings :)

good looking meter

the user manual you got with the meter will tell you all about the different modes and how to use them
    including when you need to move the probe plugs to different sockets on the meter

have a good read of the manual and come back with any specific questions on anything you don't understand :)

4. rickselectricalprojects

rickselectricalprojects

Feb 1, 2015

when i started out i watched this video. the same guy (afrotechmods) has heaps of great electronics tutorials.

Ask a Question