Maker Pro
Maker Pro

lcd monitor not displaying

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
I have a proview Model 468p monitor that is not displaying. I plug it in and says no signal Plug the vga in to the computer and nothing happens after that. I opened the monitor and looked around and it appears to look fine? Its only VGA no DVI or HDMI settings. Perhaps the vga cord itself is bad?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Does the power light come on?

Does the backlight come on?

Does the OSD display work?

We need to know details.

If you have it open, check the fuse(s) in the power supply.

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
Yes the power comes on. Otherwise it wouldn't display the no signal before I plug it in to laptop. Looks like its red/black after I plug it in? That's as much info as I can see. Fuses, caps, wires all look fine

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, after you plug it in to the laptop, you say first "nothing happens" then "Looks like it's all red/black"

I assume that you're seeing only red? (no blue or green, or indeed any other colour)

It might be worth checking the continuity of the cable to see if the green ad blue pins are connected through (wikipedia should be able to tell you which ones they are).

It is not totally unusual for a single colour to disappear, but two disappearing at once is less likely to be a cable fault.

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
I had some spare time to take a picture of it. as you can see the screen functions just fine it looks as thou it has a skin pigment issue. I opened it and the caps and everything look great. so its narrowed down to the screen. Is this fixable or will I or the next person have to stare at it. I figured it might have moisture in the screen perhaps but its been indoors for a while now. Any ideas? or will it have it be a "screen replace" to fix the issue

photo11_zpsd8666534.jpg

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I can't say I've ever seen tat on a screen before.

Presumably it's not just dirty (I doub't you would have asked if the answer was that simple) :D

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
me either!! haha I got it off a guy and showed me it. I cleaned it up but its still there! :) I'm here to stump you all! what is the magical answer to fix it? I doubt Its repairable its an e-machine lcd LOL should be enough said there.

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
Oh wait silly me haha thats a different monitor steve. :) haha I have the magical laptop apparently. the proview is working now it just has black spots.