Connect with us

LCD innerworks explanation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by codywookman, Oct 29, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. codywookman

codywookman

Sep 29, 2009
    Hello,

I am relatively new to LCDs, but have a basic grasp on most electronics. For a project I would like to use a microprocessor to receive input and then output data to an LCD screen. I would like to use a color LCD if possible and the display needs to show 4-5 values.

What components would be needed for a system like this? (graphics controller? video card?...i really have no idea when it comes to this)

Does anyone know of a good source to begin learning how to make this work?

Are there programs that could be used to develop the software to display the information?

Thanks a bunch!

2. codywookman

codywookman

Sep 29, 2009
    Ok, so I have on hand the following:

- Micron Transport GX Laptop 14" LCD Screen
    - nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256 MB PCI 3D Video Graphic Card
    - 80C52 - CMOS Single-Chip 8 Bit Microcontroller (http://www.futurlec.com/80Series/80C52.shtml)

I plan to make a display board with an instrument cluster with gauges for temperatures, moisture readings, and maybe a stopwatch. Will I have any trouble with compatibility? What is some good software to design a graphical display? Or shoudl I just use C to transfer the data? Thanks

Ask a Question