Connect with us

LC Resonance

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Hoodog4, Feb 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hoodog4

Hoodog4

Feb 11, 2013
    Hi all,
    I am looking to make an LC Circuit resonate continuously. Couldn’t find anything online and really having trouble designing this circuit even though the theory didn't seem too far fetched. All i'm looking for is to keep it resonating by possibly having a timing circuit "ping" it or something along those lines (already tried it). The circuit isnt feeding anything just a Cap and an inductor, nothing ells. Anyone heard of anything or have any ideas. Trying to have the least lose as possible. Thank you!

-Shane-

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    All you need to do is have zero resistance and ensure no energy is radiated in the EM spectrum.

3. Hoodog4

Hoodog4

Feb 11, 2013
    If only it was such a perfect world. I made both the Cap and the Inductor so there is a good amount of loss, thats why i need something to keep the voltage up.

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    What frequency are we talking about?

5. Hoodog4

Hoodog4

Feb 11, 2013
    Around 35kH. It would be really nice if I could tune it to a different frequency in the ballpark as well. Understand if I use a type of timing circuit that complicates things. Wanted to use an inverter to see the low on one side of the Cap and apply a high on the other, but I couldn’t work the timing out.

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Have a read of this, it may be helpful.

7. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    You may be able to "ping" your circuit by simply using a 1kohm resistor in series with a square wave function generator.

Ask a Question