Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LC circuit Mutual Coupling

Rajinder

Jan 30, 2016
Hi all,
I have a LC tank circuit connected to a base of a NPN transistor via a 10K resistor. The emitter is tied to 0V. The collector has a 10K load resistor tied to 5V.
The LC circuit has a resonance of 100KHz.
I want to mutually couple this circuit so that the transistor is switched.

How can I achieve this, could I drive the another LC circuit from a signal generator with a sine wave at 100KHz at say 1V? Then when they are in close proximity, I might see something?

Any help would be appreciated.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Is the LC tank connected to ground or the 5V?
Try to post a schematic.
You could use paint and the following sheet to create it:
Electrical_symbols_library.png
Just copy from the sheet and paste it into your schematic and connect the parts with some lines.

Bertus

Rajinder

Jan 30, 2016
Its connected to OV on one side. The other side to the base of tge transistor via a 10K resistor.

Rajinder

Jan 30, 2016
Hi
I have attached the schematic.
I suppose the pnp when on, will supply the voltage to the LC tank, i want to see what happens on the collector o/p.
Do I need another LC circuit (ss shown) to mutually couple?

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Sorry, I am a little lost on what your aim is. Hence do not know which direction to suggest
Are you wanting to make an oscillator?
Do you want to detect the proximity of the other circuit from the mutual coupling with another circuit?

Rajinder

Jan 30, 2016
Sorry, I am a little lost on what your aim is. Hence do not know which direction to suggest
Are you wanting to make an oscillator?
Do you want to detect the proximity of the other circuit from the mutual coupling with another circuit?
Hi, yes i want to check the detect the output of this circuit when it is mutually coupled to another LC circuit.
Any help would be aporeciated.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
detect the output of this circuit when it is mutually coupled to another LC circuit.
Any help would be aporeciated.
Yep that pretty much repeats what you said above, that I didn't undertand the motivation or purpose of.
I'll leave it to those smarter than I am.