Maker Pro
Maker Pro

laser scanner that stopped working

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
I have a problem with a couple of honeywell MS-7120 scanners. The laser stop after a variable period but the scanner doesn't give no error. Normally these scanners emit an alarm when there's a problem. If I unplug it from the usb port and plugged it back again, the scanner is working fine for a time.

All the scanners used a usb ports and they are plugged on a Axel thin client terminal.

Thank you fot your help.

Canactech

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I have a problem with a couple of honeywell MS-7120 scanners. The laser stop after a variable period but the scanner doesn't give no error. Normally these scanners emit an alarm when there's a problem. If I unplug it from the usb port and plugged it back again, the scanner is working fine for a time.

All the scanners used a usb ports and they are plugged on a Axel thin client terminal.

Thank you fot your help.

Canactech
Are you certain it is the scanner and not the client causing the issue?
This problem could be almost anywhere, so step one would be to make 100% certain which end of this connection is causing the issue...

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
I'm sorry for the delay of my answer, but I have a lot of work in the office. You ask me if the problem was not caused by the client. I've already replaced the terminal on which the scanner is installed and the problem was still present. I've installed this scanner on my own terminal in my workshop and the problem is present.
The mirror is turning, but the laser is closed. It's like if the laser was going on idle but the only way to get oi out of idle is to unplug and replug it.

I will try to remove the standby fonction and see if the problem is out.