Connect with us

Laptop won’t turn on, short circuit?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Kurt1580, Apr 14, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kurt1580

Kurt1580

Apr 14, 2018
    Hey, I created this account to post a problem. I’m new here and will probably just post this. So I accidentally plugged my headphones cable thing into the hole where my old wired keyboard plugged (now I have a new one that’s wireless). Problem is when I did that, my laptop instantly turned off, now I cant turn it on. I called a friend to see if he can help and he said it was short circuit. Idk what that is because I don’t know a lot about technology. Please help me solve the problem, thnx

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi
    welcome

well really hard to diagnose since you have given us absolutely no info on this device

make and model, photos of the socket etc

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    I'm thinking:

3.5mm stereo plug???? into

PS/2 socket??? (maybe)?

and wondering how that was even possible!

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

yeah, that was my first thoughts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe he has headphones with DIN plugs. And plugged it into a (very very) old motherboard Mouse connector...

If I recall correctly, those old boards would not turn on without a keyboard connected....
    And the Keyboard wont come on because the power feed blew thanks to the phones.....

Ask a Question