Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laptop adapter

domantasxx1

Jan 30, 2012
Hello guys i'am begginer in electronics and straight to the point.

One day my laptop adapter just stoped working but I unpluged it from electric outlet and pluged in again and started to work again but sudently stoped and now it not working anymore so I opened case and everythink looks fine no burn or anythink just some brown dots near the big brown thing dont know how its called in english sorry. So maybe you can see or any predictions you can say.

Some photos: http://min.us/m3O3UEwJe

Sorry for my english

Domantas

papa_39

Feb 5, 2012
dear domantasxx1:

Please mention the laptop brand and model and also the output voltage and current ratings of your laptop adapter. If you have a mutli-meter or multi-tester, set it to the x1 resistance (ohms) range and try checking your laptop output side for open circuit or short circuit. Hope you know how to do it. Or you may Google it from the internet so you have additional help available.

papa_39

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi domantasxx1

welcome to the forums
enjoy your stay

Some well focussed pix would help :) cant really tell anything about the condition of the components from those 2 images

Unless you are in some oddball out of the place part of the world, laptop PSU's are pretty readily available new or used, probably wouldnt take too much to find a replacement :)
.... they are hardly worth trying to repair nowdays
ever heard of eBay ? ;)

cheers
Dave