Connect with us

Laptop adapter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by domantasxx1, Jan 30, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. domantasxx1

domantasxx1

Jan 30, 2012
    Hello guys i'am begginer in electronics and straight to the point.

One day my laptop adapter just stoped working but I unpluged it from electric outlet and pluged in again and started to work again but sudently stoped and now it not working anymore so I opened case and everythink looks fine no burn or anythink just some brown dots near the big brown thing dont know how its called in english sorry. So maybe you can see or any predictions you can say.

Some photos: http://min.us/m3O3UEwJe

Sorry for my english

Domantas

2. papa_39

papa_39

Feb 5, 2012
    dear domantasxx1:

Please mention the laptop brand and model and also the output voltage and current ratings of your laptop adapter. If you have a mutli-meter or multi-tester, set it to the x1 resistance (ohms) range and try checking your laptop output side for open circuit or short circuit. Hope you know how to do it. Or you may Google it from the internet so you have additional help available.

papa_39

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi domantasxx1

welcome to the forums
    enjoy your stay

Some well focussed pix would help :) cant really tell anything about the condition of the components from those 2 images

Unless you are in some oddball out of the place part of the world, laptop PSU's are pretty readily available new or used, probably wouldnt take too much to find a replacement :)
    .... they are hardly worth trying to repair nowdays
    ever heard of eBay ? ;)

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question