Connect with us

Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by Jotto, Jan 18, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jotto

Jotto

Aug 24, 2012
    Greg LeMond was the first person to get me interested in cycling. Then along came Lance Armstrong, it was great to watch the race, I would never have the physical build to ride this race. Lance was never my favorite, but I rooted for him none the less.

Always in the back of my mind was that he was doing EPO, it might come out later or it might never come out. With no proof of his guilt and just what others said concerning this matter, I said that one day the truth will come out if he was.

Look at the great rides we have been able to watch every year. I always remembered the movie “Hell of the West”. I always remember that one part of the movie that Kevin Costner was getting under the skin of the other rider, so his brother would stand a better chance of winning the race. Two TF riders are standing there just having a conversation before the race. The one using EPO’s looks at the other rider that doesn’t and says to him, “you have lost the race and we haven’t even started yet”.

We demand winners, corperate sponsers want to have winners indorse their products. The mentality is to win at all costs but don’t get caught. When they get caught, everyone leaves their side. Its all about winning, as long as your winning no one wants to know if you are doing drugs.

It’s easy to forgive, much harder to forget. He will have to make a great effort here if he is seeking forgiveness from the ones he has wronged. I hope the price he has paid for fame and fortune is worth the price he now must pay for his actions.

We should have a winner for all those years that are now blank. We deserve to have a winner.

It’s not hard to do the right thing, it’s just hard to know what the right thing to do is sometimes.

I have loved watching the tour, to me they are all winners. Even the person who finishes last is a winner in my book. My hope is to one day watch in person, what a great time that would be for me.

Mistake one was coming out of retirement, which allowed them to reopen the investigation into doping. Mistake two was his weakest link, Floyd Landis. Mistake three was going on Oprah. But it is fair to Greg LeMond, Frankie and Betsy Andreu who lost so much for just saying what was true.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    You would be a fool to believe that anything he did gave him a true advantage, what he did only leveled the playing ground as I highly suspect and believe that every top contender in the sport was doing the same or whatever else they could get away with... He simply got called out on it...

3. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    I can understand where you're coming from there CC but there were stories recently that told of him calling someone out that was close to him in a couple races for using performance enhancing drugs, when he was using them himself.

Also apparently he is a total dick as well

4. GonzoEngineer

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
    At least he had the ball to finally tell the truth!

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I personally believe he gained a massive performance boost from the additional streamlining he had in the groin region.

Regardless of his admissions I can't believe he ever took drugs, etc.

I also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

The interesting thing is that if he really comes clean, there are risks that cycling will be pulled from the Olympics. I wonder if the same people in the cycling hierarchy who wanted to string him up by the... um... ball... are now hoping he doesn't come clean.

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Yep, and that very well might be part of a side agenda with him coming clean, to destroy the sport that he was instrumental in building recently as 'revenge' for the Witch Hunt they did against him...

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I don't think either side of this particular issue are squeaky clean.

And I think that is putting it mildly.

8. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    From a the latest news report, I find this comment VERY out of place unless he knows full well that as I suggested the doping was much wider spread then they will admit and it was simply being ignored as the norm...

This comment IMO can pretty much be paraphrased to say "Everyone was doping, but due to his connections Armstrong was able to do it better..."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/s...=maing-grid7|maing7|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=262012

9. todaycomponents

todaycomponents

Feb 5, 2013
    Agreed, pretty much all pro athletes do it :eek:

Ask a Question