Connect with us

L46 E22 Logic TV No power

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by leccy, Nov 14, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. leccy

leccy

Nov 14, 2014
    Hi

I have a no power situation with this TV, fuse is ok, getting 240v in the 2 black connections the voltage is lost at the switch. I cant understand the function of the switch as it has 2 connections which I assume provides 240v given the colours, but how can it toggle a break/connection with only 2 wires connected to it?

Any ideas?

The 2 black wires from white conn is the 240 in
    The 2 wires brown/blue connect to the switch

[​IMG]

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Well, those connections are either connected together (when the switch is on) or not connected (when the switch is off).

It sounds like you have very limited experience. Mains voltages can kill you.

I would advise you to get someone qualified to look at the set.

3. leccy

leccy

Nov 14, 2014
    Well, those connections are either connected together (when the switch is on) or not connected (when the switch is off).

Well that is what I'm suggesting as I cannot see any other way how it could operate. I was thinking the switch was faulty as there is very little pressure when switching on/off and there is no click action whatsoever. Just wondering the the 2 input 240v would be black and the switch is brown and blue so thought it was a bit odd they be shorted together. Great advice highlighting the dangers of mains voltages

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    If you have a multimeter (or even a battery and a bulb) you can check to see if the switch has continuity in one position and not in the other.

It looks like a fairly standard switch with spade connectors, so replacing it may be quite easy (if it's the problem)

Ask a Question