Connect with us

L298N logic 0 help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dizwold, Nov 14, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dizwold

dizwold

Nov 14, 2013
    Hi. I'm looking at using a L298N motor driver to power 2x 3v motors for a walker type robot. I would like to control it from 4 spst analogue switches, ie 1 for forward, 1 for back, 1 for left and 1 for right, thus moving the motors accordingly. I will be using a 6v circuit, but how would I get a logic 0 to apply to the 2nd I/P as I would need a logic 1 to I/P 1 and logic 0 to I/p 2 and visa-versa and the same on the other side of the H bridge?
    Could anyone please help and advise?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    To get a logic 0, tie the input to 0V, for a logic 1, tie it to Vcc.

If you want to do this via a switch, use the switch to connect the input to the appropriate rail and wire a resistor (1k should be fine) from the input to the other rail.

This means that pressing the switch will assert the desired logic level.

3. dizwold

dizwold

Nov 14, 2013
    Nice 1 Steve, never thought of that, have been getting my head in a twist looking at multiplexers and stuff. 20 years without touching a soldering iron, maybe I should leave it that way. LOL.
    Cheers Steve, thanks for the post.

Ask a Question