Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: L265 Raytheon (Ray Marine) power cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linwood Crosby

Apr 14, 2018
image.jpg I won a L265 Ratheon ( Ray Marine ) on an online auction, this past winter, only to discover there was no power cord with it.
The plastic is still attached to the screen and everything else is there and has never been mounted on a boat.
My brother-in-law had one his boat, but sold the fishfinder, when he sold the boat.
He really liked it, so when i told him about one being for sale for a good price, he said i should buy it.
My question is, Where can i purchase a power cable for this?
Thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
...from Raytheon....?

It would help if you actually showed us the socket in question.....

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It would really help if your photo linked to the picture and not an unrelated schematic

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Not much chance (old gear) unless you can pickup something on Ebay but it would probably be nearly out of service anyhow .
(being a waterproof plug that has more than likely lost it's waterproof capability)

Might be a better approach to "hard wire the lead " with a circular cable through a waterproof gland and a pinch of silicone sealer and a cable clamp to take the strain off the seal joint.

Be aware of connection polarity and use polarised plugs/sockets for any extension wiring.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yep, I've 'converted' a good many pieces of equipment in that ^ way as not only do the manufacturers deliberately make them 'manufacturer specific' they do tend to be difficult to source on the after-market scene.

An IP68 gland with a dab of silicon will be just as good. Cut the original socket off flush and drill through the remaining part of the case (after checking there's nothing behind the socket of course!)

But if they follow the usual construction techniques then there will be very little clearance behind that socket so you may have to 'tap' the case to screw a cut-down-thread gland straight into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.