Connect with us

KSM SCT 20-20 Power Supply help needed

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Tonyfixit, Mar 15, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tonyfixit

Tonyfixit

Mar 15, 2012
    Hi to all! I have a power supply manufactured by KSM (Littlehampton) The model no. is SCT 20-20 (20 V / 20 Amps, variable) I purchased this item around 5 years ago from a chap who was emigrating & did not wish to take it with him. It al works fine however on the rear panel resides a multi-way socket which has a plug which contains a resistor network. The previous owner lost this plug & without it no output can be obtained from it. It will vary the voltage on the voltmeter fine but nothing appears at the output terminals. Does anyone know where I could possibly obtain this plug from or have any data on the arrangement of the resistors within it so I can get it up & running?
    It's an old unit but in excellent condition & would be fantastic for powering up Car amplifiers after I repair them for testing instead of having to use a car battery every time.

Cheers, Tony.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    If you can find a circuit diagram, life would probably be much easier (but I expect you know that).

Is the device switchmode or linear? If its linear, does it have a transformer with several taps? Are these taps connected to the plug? Or is this a signal thing (i.e. clearly does not carry power)?

3. Tonyfixit

Tonyfixit

Mar 15, 2012
    Hi Steve thanks for your reply, to be honest I took the top off about 3 years ago to have a quick look but cannot remember now so will have another butchers in the next couple of days.

Google searches reveal absolutely no reference to this power supply whatsoever it's almost as if it was the only one made! I can find posts relating to other similar models of different voltage/current outputs but they are all of no use to me.

It's a shame because it is really high quality, solid & built for the purpose but cannot be put to the test.... I will let you know my findings.

Thanks Tony.

4. Tonyfixit

Tonyfixit

Mar 15, 2012
    Hello again Steve had a look the wires connect to the controller board so are therefore signal connections. One wire is an exception & connects to a capacitor rated 2200µF/63V.
    It's a linear power supply, I think the only way to sort it is to obtain a Circuit Diagram but been searching for ages now to no avail...
    Cheers, Tony.

Ask a Question