Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kodak Carousel 760H Projector

Lilscoop

Sep 19, 2019
Anyone know of a physical brick and mortar repair shop that can fix a Kodak Carousel 760H Projector? I've watched online videos re: self-repairing and I'm not interested in going that route. It would be too frustrating and I don't even have the proper tools. I also don't want to get involved in shipping off the projector either. Any recommendations for a local repair shop would be greatly appreciated! I'm in the South Bay area of Los Angeles (Redondo Beach specifically).

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I'd try a local camera shop. You could also just buy another one (used) from a place like ebay. It might cost about the same amount.

Lilscoop

Sep 19, 2019
I'd try a local camera shop. You could also just buy another one (used) from a place like ebay. It might cost about the same amount.

I thought about buying a refurbished, but they are closer to $ 200, plus I wouldn't know what part(s) have been replaced if it comes from an individual. From researching, I can see LOTS of parts can wear out/break/disintegrate in these older machines, so I could end up with the same issues of a non-working projector. Thanks for the suggestion of a camera shop. I thought of that too in my desperation - I know the big names from when my mom was into photography (Ritz, Samys, etc) so I'll start with those. Thanks so much!

Lilscoop

Sep 19, 2019
In case anyone else runs across a similar issue, Samy's in Culver City will send these out for repair. They charge only $17.50 for mailing costs and will call with a price for repair after their off site repair determines what is wrong and repair cost. One can opt not to repair if the cost is deemed to be too high. So, essentially, $ 17.50 to diagnosis the issue and get a repair price. Not bad. I was told in calling around it's most likely that a the assembly will need replacing - being told that's a very common issue with this old projectors. Expect that to run $ 150-200. Dean's Camera Repair in the So. Bay will also repair, but quoted $ 150 to just replace the assembly. If any other pieces have worn out/broken, that's additional.

These are selling on E-bay for a minimum of $ 100 (which you include shipping), but from third-parties, so one may very likely be facing the same repair issues once received or in the near future given the age of these machines. The only way to avoid that is buy from a store that is selling the projector and has already replaced all necessary worn out/broken parts...though when I've seen those available, these projectors run $ 200 approx. Otherwise, you're back to square one. So it comes down to whether you enjoy viewing slides on a projector and, if so, it may be worth another $ 150 to $ 200 investment to get the projector back up and working again.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a local repair shop in and around the South Bay area of Redondo, please let me know. It would be great to find a local store with lower repair costs.