Connect with us

Kitchenaid Mixer Phase Control Board Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by wdancer, Nov 14, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. e1win

e1win

Sep 29, 2019
    Do you repair mixer? I have the same problem
    Dont know about wattage of resistors, can anybody help with it? Ksm150 325watts mixer

2. e1win

e1win

Sep 29, 2019
    Hi dear, can you help with wattage of resistors? All five resistors are 0,125 watts, or 0,25?

3. e1win

e1win

Sep 29, 2019
    Can i use resistors with 1% or i must find 5%?

4. Canrilo

Canrilo

Oct 4, 2020
    Hi! Just following the thread! Thanks all.

My kitchenaid artisan had a similar problem. Governor just disassembled and the diac was broken. I replaced both parts and now a strange behavior is appearing.

On stir speed, the motor instead of going 60rpm just "turns on" once every second, generating an intermittent sound. On higher speeds the motor sounds kind of rough. Any idea why this is happening.

Oh and I could not find the diac DB3TG, is there much difference with the DB3?

Thank you!

5. wdancer

wdancer

Mar 12, 2010
    According to the datasheets, the breakover voltage is 2 volts higher on the DB3TG. This may be causing the roughness. Mouser Electronics has it for $0.43

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...p-_hEHP5h1K9LHont0neMoroFuXmqABhoChq0QAvD_BwE

The other issue may be that you need to adjust the control plate. I am including a link to an older service manual that shows how to adjust the control plate. Appendix B-2 gives a quick troubleshooting guide. Page 22 shows the adjustment procedure. I had to perform this on mine and it is a little difficult so only do small adjustments at a time.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0172/8692/2294/files/stand_mixer_service_manual_4177310_9-05.pdf

Ask a Question