Connect with us


Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Rob, Dec 3, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Does anyone know of a way to restore function to over worked keypads?
    This is one of those pads that have a thin plastic like membrane with a
    very narrow gap between contacts. I am not sure what material they use
    to seperate the contacts with, but half of the keys work and the others
    feel like their almost flattened out inside. Any help would be greatly
    appeciated! Thanks, Rob
  2. CRaSH

    CRaSH Guest

    see 12/2 post "electrically conductive paint"
  3. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    This one sounds different, more like the type used in many computer
    keyboards where there's two sheets of thin plastic with traces printed
    on them.
  4. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    they are carbon impregnated rubber buttons to make them
    mostly are dried, cracked and worped there by losing its
    ability to conduct any more.
    look for the applicable brush on product used for repairing heater
    elements on automobile windows.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day