Connect with us

keypad interface with controller

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by steve_venkat, Jul 28, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. steve_venkat

steve_venkat

May 22, 2017
    When I pressed the switch i can't get any O/P from the keypad(apart from program in controller,checked with multimeter also).
    Is this circuit is correct or have to make any change in this circuit..?

Attached Files:

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    RB0 and RB1 should supply a logic 1 to their respective resistor packs (2 lots of 5 resistors) and each bank of 5 switches should pull RB2 to RB6 respectively to ground.

Your schematic drawing convention is particularly 'disturbing' and makes for incredibly difficult understanding.......

3. steve_venkat

steve_venkat

May 22, 2017

Now see in this image.I maked RB0 to RB6 as pulled up pin using resistor RN1 with 1k.
    When I pressed S1 means RB0 and RB3 will become low state.Similiary it will work for all remaining buttons...By this method can interface keypad to the controller..?

Attached Files:

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Most keypad matrix wiring is based on the standard column/row method where you sequentially poll the column whilst reading the row (or vice versa).

Keypad.png

Ask a Question