Maker Pro
Maker Pro

key-insert switch

alexandros

Mar 29, 2015
I have on my car a circuit that should detect when a package is left in the glove compartment. I don't know what type of switch can I use such that I can attach the male connector to my package's keyring.
One of my options was a key switch like this one, but I can't mount the female it in the glove compartment so that I can rotate the male on insertion. That's why I would need something like an audio jack that closes the circuit when inserted (no rotation), and where the male can be attached to my keyring. Is there such switch readily available, or there's no easy way?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
ATV kill switch. They are used to shut down a recreational vehicle if you fall off. Here's one for relatively cheap. Just cut off the cable and attach a ring or clip.

http://www.banggood.com/Quad-Pit-AT...ign=motor-us&gclid=CNz_q5uI0MQCFVQ8gQodjZAA2w
Very nice idea ADRT.
I've seem similar switches used to turn off treadmills when a person falls off (When they actually use them...)
The options are endless, you can use a read-switch, a momentary button, a kill switch like ADRT posted, a proximity sensor...

How easy/hard must the package tug on the 'switch' to trigger it? Will the package be bumped around?
If you can provide an intended use we may be able to provide a more suitable solution.