Connect with us

Kepco BHK 1000-.02 DM Resurrection...?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sysiphus, Mar 12, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sysiphus

Sysiphus

Mar 12, 2016
    Hi Everyone,

New guy here. I have been given a Kepco BHK 1000-.02 DM.

I am really just getting into electronics work and I think this might be something nice for my test bench.

I do not have any information on it's past life or under which conditions it was used under.

A couple question to start:

1. Is there anyone who might point me in the direction of a service manual? The Kepco site has them but I can't spend the $400 to get one.

2. The main concern is how to begin to determine if the unit is either working or salvageable. My plan is to clean the unit up and begin to bring it up to working voltage with a variac. Is that a reasonable place to start?

Perhaps one of you sages out there could provide a bit of guidance.

Sysiphus

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Have you tried Google search engine? Use search string "Kepco BHK 1000-.02 DM ". Also, if you go here you can download a user's manual. Not much good for troubleshooting (no complete schematics of internals), but it does show how to use make external connections and use the power supply.

Ask a Question