Connect with us

Kenwood oscilloscopes?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by (*steve*), Aug 30, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I've not owned or used a Kenwood oscilloscope. Does anyone have anything to say about their build quality or failure rate in their old age? Or maybe experience in their repair... are they made of unobtainium?

"Kenwood" was the name of a very cheap "hi-fi" brand here, and I've consequently dismissed them. Was I right to?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I might have some of that in my junk box :D

Not so cheap here, but I'll have to agree that I was not aware of Kenwood as a manufacturer of measuring equipment neither.
    This shop (and others I looked up) states
    But then again, they want to sell...

3. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I think I may have seen that same web site.

I'm after a personal recommendation. :)

4. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    I have used multiple Kenwood amateur radio equipment 40 years with no complaints. Their oscilloscopes have been around for at least 30 years and they should be even better built than their other equipment lines.
    But I have repaired at least a dozen of 'brand name' Tektronix scopes whose power supplies are of stinky design and very expensive parts. I have repaired only one Kenwood equipment with a bad frequency divider IC.
    Would prefer to try a Kenwood instead of many others. Kenwood service manuals were very well made. Check one on-line first to evaluate.

They changed their name to ----> http://www.texio.co.jp/en/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    (*steve*) likes this.
  5. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    If anyone is interested, this looks to be a good buy

6. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    Very tempting ! Approved for medical use too. With its service manual on hand, can be a wonderful scope.

7. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    If it wasn't for the horrendous shipping, I would have bought it.

8. nepow

nepow

Jul 18, 2011
    Kenwood Hi Fi equipment was fairly good as I recall, they also had some links with the Trio Hi Fi brand many years ago.

9. rjmusto

rjmusto

Jun 25, 2014
    I've been using a Kenwood CS-1065 oscilloscope for more than 10 years now (an eBay buy back then) and have had no problems with it. And yes, a good manual (unlike some of their tranceivers).

Ask a Question