Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kenwood KDC-W4544U diagram

mr_mechanic

Feb 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for Kenwood KDC-W4544U (cd receiver w. usb port) diagrams. I think it is good stuff, except the front blue led that lights enough to see in the trunk. I would like to replace them led's, but I need the circuit diagram.

Many thanks to those who'll try to help me by devoting their time ;-)

Fred

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
I aree it can be tiring with designers going way overboard with enthusiasm over all the blue light they have at their disposal. Besides, it's damaging for the night vision.
I can't help you with a diagram, but not that I think one is really needed for excanging the LED's. I'd expect there to be surface mounted parts though. Are you up to the task of working on them? Would you be wanting to change the color or just lower the intensity?

mr_mechanic

Feb 1, 2010
Hi and thank you for your answer!

According to what you said, it's damaging for the night vision. Kenwood designers do not drive cars probably! It’s indeed surface mounted parts. I didn’t know this technique very well, but the web don’t miss informations on this subject and I already spent 2 days learning that (I am very decided to fix the problem!). To answer your question, I at least wished to decrease the intensity, but my car is an Audi (instrument panel lit in red) and the front face of the radio is already dismounted so… Indeed, I didn’t really need the diagrams, but it helps a lot however! I didn’t want to go up the circuit (it is very miniaturized, I would make some mistakes and spend a lot of time) to find resistors. And I had to discover the resistors values. I finally found the service manual on the site http://www.free-service-manuals.com/ (which bears its name badly because I had to pay 5 USD to obtain the guide). With that, I know now which components are used. There are two types of LEDs, the reds and the blue ones. I simply will replace the blue ones by red ones (I think the guide gives Kenwood part numbers too) and will adjust the values of the resistors (by replacing the concerned ones) according to the red LEDs.

Thank you still for your answer; -)

Fred