Connect with us

Kenmore microwave magnetron

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jrkinney102460, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jrkinney102460

jrkinney102460

Aug 6, 2012
    I discharged the capacitor in my Kenmore microwave and replace the magnetron. I cannot remember which magnetron terminal the red and white wires attach to.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    In the future, may I suggest you take pictures prior to disassembly, trust me even if you don't review them 9 out of 10 times the one time you need them they are invaluable... And free in today's digital age, them Polaroids used to get expensive...

As for helping you out you need to find the wiring diagram or service manual for your microwave and figure it out... Maybe a call to the parts supplier you obtained the replacement part from?

3. markm6164

markm6164

Jan 22, 2012
    Do you have a part/model number for your microwave?

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Or, is there a schematic glued to the inside chassis of the microwave. Sears is
    usually pretty good about that.

5. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Good point, also look for a plastic pouch on the back/bottom that might contain the schematic...

Ask a Question