Connect with us

K8055 Interface Board & Breadboard

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by chris57828, Feb 10, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. chris57828

chris57828

Feb 10, 2012
    Hi,

I am writing a program in C++ and need to connect a USB board to a breadboard. Please see attached file for the set-up. I know I have not used a resistor but although advisable I did not think it was imperative. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong, please?

Chris

:confused:

Attached Files:

2. chris57828

chris57828

Feb 10, 2012
    Can someone please help, I am good at programming, just a bit useless at electronics...

:(

3. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Chris,
    welcome to the forums :)

You MUST wire the circuit as shown in the diagram on page 18, else how do you expect it to work?
    You DONT show where the black wire from the LED goes to it just disappears off the photo view
    You MUST use a resistor with the LED else, once you connect it properly, otherwise its going to have a very short lifespan. Its why its included in the circuit.
    Why have you got the red wire from the LED on terminal 4 instead of terminal 1
    You dont have a positive of that other PSU connected to the CLAMP terminal along with the other side of the LED

For someone starting out in electronics Rule 1 is ALWAYS follow the circuit diagram :)
    Only when you are quite experienced are you able to start to experiment and vary the parameters of the circuit.
    And with that experience comes the knowledge of what you would expect to happen when you change component values etc :)

cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
Ask a Question