Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Jvc TM-H150CG PVM, PSU issue (no HT)

snow_sg1

May 24, 2021
Hi,

I've just got a JVC Hi res CRT pvm from 2004. The picture was really dim, brightness and contrast has almost no effect, and geometry was a bit out.

I took it apart and it seem to be a high hour monitor, it was very dusty around the FBT area. So, I clean everything up and touch up some cold solder joints around FBT and CRT neck board. I desolder some caps to check them out using my components tester, they we're fine. Now I put the monitor back together and the standby PSU works, there is the degauss and then I hear the relay click, and within a second it click again. The cycles repeat every 20 seconds. Degauss, Relay click, another click.

I'm sure they're is no HV at all, nothing on HT pins and neck board. I don't ear the oscillator either, which would explain HT. I've got voltage at the main transformer on primary side but nothing on secondary which is strange since the 12v must be running as the led lights up in front. Be maybe I shouldn't measure the secondary side using chassis ground ? I'm at a loss. Maybe check oscillator first ? Can someone help me please, I'm good in electronics but not CRT stuff I'm afraid, I'm more into VCR and cameras.

Thanks,

Nicolas