Connect with us

jvc auto shutdown

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jhayar25, Jul 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jhayar25

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
    what is possible defect of a televesion when the situation are like this when you turn the tv in a no reception the menu key not functioning and vol key...no display appear but a normal raster only,but when you turn in a with reception channel only a dim an the menu key,vol key are functioning but you cant see the vol display,menu key display only a block display you can hear a sounds that their is a reception but in a seconds the unit will shutdown,,,the televesion model JVC -AV21CA15..THEY USED A system ic of TDA12066H/N1BOB...im wondering if the memory maybe but their is nothing happen when i replace it..

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    This may not help, but it's what I would try.
    Are you sure your television is tuned into whichever channel you are trying to see?
    Are you sure your television was built to receive the type of signal you are trying to view?
    (In the U.S., the television stations started braodcasting a digital signal, instead of the
    old analog type we used to have. Is your broadcast station, (or cable input?), using the
    correct signal for the television you have?)
    Are you sure whatever you are using to recieve your input signal has tight, undamaged
    connections?
    (Did the connectior with the antenna or cable come loose?)
    Is your 'shutdown' a complete power shut-down, or a blanking of the screen?
    (Some TV's will remain powered, but the screen and sound will go dark if the receiver
    inside the television is not picking-up an input signal).
    I'd start there, and get back to us, if you're still having no success.
    Good luck, I hope it's a simple signal input problem and not a circuit failure.

3. jhayar25

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
    jvc autoshutdown

thank you but i already check the possible lose connection resold,the whole system shutdown,the signal i used is air antenna only,,when i tuned the tv in no reception only a normal raster but you can't view the menu key and the vol key the av/tv key fuction but when you turned in av automatically the tv shutdown same as in the channel with a reception but you cant see the display of menu key,vol,channel key,in a seconds the tv shutdown...

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Since you can't see the menu on your screen, I'm thinking you have a circuit problem
    that will require repair. I can't think of an easy way to diagnose a problem like that
    without troubleshooting the electronics with the schematic in front of you.
    One last thing I'm wondering about:
    Was this TV functioning alright, and just started failing, or is this a TV you acquired
    from somehere, and are just now trying to use?
    Once again, I'm wondering iif this TV was built for the U.S. market or for your, or some
    other country, because the over-the-air transmission the TV could be looking for, may
    be different. (Analog, digital)
    How good is your antenna?
    Is the signal from the broadcast station strong enough for the antenna you're using?
    If the TV is designed for your area, and it's input configuration (a lot of TV's have
    several types of input selections to chose from, like computer input, standard TV, and
    other selections,... you might want to check the push-buttons on the remote or the TV itself to make sure you have the correct input type selected) is correct. You're
    probably going to have to find someone to repair it, if you can't do it.
    I'd check the input selections first, to make sure the selection is correct.
    It sounds like you've checked most of the other things I'd try already.
    Again, good luck with this.

Ask a Question