Connect with us

JK Flip-Flop + D-Type Flip_flop

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Chris2964, May 20, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Chris2964

Chris2964

May 20, 2017
    As an Alevel student I am taking Dt Systems and control.
    Have no clue what JK Flip-Flop + D-Type Flip_flop's are and what even the point is with them...

Many thanks
    Chris Owen

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I Googled Dt systems and found they make dog collars. I do not see what they have to do with flip-flops.:)

You need to get a basic book on electronics to find out what flip flops do. They change two outputs over for each input pulse so can be used for a divide by two circuit and made into an array for more divisions.

I have the book "CMOS cookbook" by Don Lancaster which will give information.
    Have you tried Wikipedia?

hevans1944 likes this.
  3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Except that is not true for D-flip-flops, one of the type he was asking about.

Bob

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    To quote Don Lancaster

If the D input is cross-coupled to the Qbar output, the flip-flop changes to the other state on the positve edge of the clock, behaving as a binary divider.

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Flip flops have all manner of uses. Another one is to act as a latch, holding the value of an input at the time the flip flop was clocked.

They can also be used to debounce switches.

Google may be your best friend here. It will probably give you the thousands of answers we can't be bothered typing in :)

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    If it is an edge trigerred flip flop yes. That will not work with a transparent latch, which is the simple form of a D flop-flop.

Bob

Ask a Question